Pizza is another one of my favorites. I could live on pizza 365 days a year. All kinds of pizza rock my world. The great thing about the Keto lifestyle is that pizza can be a major part of it. There are many ways to make a pizza crust and Fathead is just one of them. It is probably my favorite in that, it is the closest to "real" pizza. But I will share the other types too...in due time. Patience is a virtue...they say.
1-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp cream cheese
3/4 cup of almond flour
1 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
This is another two bowl dance.
1. In bowl one, add the two cheeses and send it whirling around your microwave for 1 minute.
2. Preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
3. Ding! Stir the cheeses and send them around again for 30 seconds.
4. Add flour, white vinegar and sea salt to a second bowl.
5. Ding! Rescue the cheeses from the microwave, stir to blend and then scrape them into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
6. Plop the dough mixure onto the baking sheet and spread out into a flat crust. I like to push my edges up a bit, but you don't have to.
7. Bake crust until it looks golden brown. Photo above. Keep an eye on it since it goes quickly.
Now the fun begins!
Top as your appetite or whimsy demand. I am cautious of tomato sauce on Keto because of the sugar factor - if you love tomato sauce, read the label first. I use pesto as my first layer.
And in the category - I can make anything fattening! - I then add dollops of cream cheese and chives, bacon, or pepperoni, or ham or sliced steak - or any combination thereof. Veggies if you have any. Onion and/or olives if you like. And of course: more shredded cheese on top (or in the middle). Have at it and have fun!
Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and it looks done.
I told you it was yummy. Who wouldn't want to stay on the Keto lifestyle with food like this?!